Texas Sheep Hunts
Sheep Hunts will take place at our Copperas Cove ranch, located in the heart of the hill country of Central Texas. Rock Creek Ranch has many Trophy Sheep that will average over 30 inches. Texas Sheep Hunts can be conducted year-round without any seasonal restrictions.
You may hunt sheep at Rock Creek Ranch using any method you prefer; bow or crossbow, rifle, spot and stalk, pistol, ground blind, or safari style out of a vehicle. Depending on weather and habitat conditions at the time of your sheep hunt this may change.
Texas Sheep Facts and Hunting Information
Texas Sheep Hunting Season: No Seasonal Restrictions
Origin: North America
Horn Size: 28 – 38 inches
Weight: Males: 80-160 pounds
Rock Creek Ranch has many different sheep species to be hunted in central Texas. Rock Creek ranch offers all Corsican sheep hybrids, Snow Urial, Texas Dall, Black Hawaiian, Midnight Urial, Painted Desert, Desert Sand, and Corsican Barbados rams. Many of these sheep will grow horns often 28 to 36 inches and some will break 40 inches.
Corsican Sheep Hybrids derived by breeding European Mouflon with domestic Barbados sheep. Horns in male only. Horns circle and turn outward at tips, typically completing at least a full curl. Snow Urial is a Texas Dall Sheep crossed with Trans-Caspian Urial, and Midnight Urial is a Black Hawaiian Sheep crossed with Trans-Caspian Urial. Horns size ranges from 25 to 45 inches in older males.
Typical Weekend Sheep Hunt at Rock Creek Ranch
- Check in at 1 pm, guest registration and orientation, sight in at the shooting range, afternoon guided hunt. Followed by cocktails, appetizers, and a full dinner.
- Continental Breakfast, morning hunt, followed by full breakfast. Typically go back out and scout for animals, have lunch and go back out for the evening hunt, followed by cocktails, fire, appetizers, and a full dinner.
- Continental Breakfast, morning hunt, and then Departure.
- Range Finder
- Bow, Cross bow, or Rifle
- Rain gear
- Boots for muddy wet conditions or snake proof
Texas Sheep Hunt Package Pricing and Example
Our Texas Sheep Hunt Package Pricing includes two factors, All-Inclusive fee plus Trophy fee
All-Inclusive Fee for 2-nights, 3-days = $900 ($450 per night)
Plus Trophy fee ($3,500)
Trip Total = $4,400
All-Inclusive Fee of $450 per night includes:
- Home Cooked Meals
- One-on-One guiding with an experienced hunting guide with full transportation
- Cold Storage walk in cooler
- Complimentary Bass Fishing
- Hog hunts (seasonal)
*Gratuities are appreciated and are not included in above pricing.
Average gratuities are 10-25% percent of the total hunt. Tipping guides, cooks, and skinners is appreciated.
Not included: Texas hunting licenses
Notice: This is a general price list. Price list may vary according to animals, some may be lower and some may be higher. Any animal wounded will be charged at the full trophy as listed.
Texas Sheep Hunt Prices
Texas Dall Sheep: $3,500
Texas Snow Urial Sheep (Texas Dall / Trans-Caspian Urail): $4,000
Black Hawaiian Sheep: $3,500
Midnight Urial Sheep (Black Hawaiian / Trans-Caspian): $4,000
Painted desert Sheep: $3,500
Corsican Sheep: $3,500
Deposit for Hunt: $1,500
- Deposit is due upon booking and balance paid in full before leaving ranch.
- Deposits are Non-refundable, but as long as you notify us within 30 days of your scheduled hunt date, you can re-schedule your hunt within the next twelve months at no additional charge, based on availability.