Whitetail Deer Hunting in Central Texas
Whitetail Deer are native to Central Texas, at Rock Creek Ranch we take pride into raising natural Hill country whitetail. We strive on managing our whitetail deer into typical native deer. The whitetail deer have been under strict management since the beginning of our operation. We offer whitetail deer hunts for any size mature buck from 115 inches all the way up to 200 inches SCI. Both Ranches, Llano, Texas and Copperas Cove, Texas, have Whitetail Deer Hunting available. There are no pen raised animals at Rock Creek Ranch, the whitetail deer is one of our most coveted animals to hunt.
You may hunt our Trophy Whitetail Deer at Rock Creek Ranch using any method you prefer; bow or crossbow hunts, rifle, spot and stalk, pistol, ground blind, or safari style hunting out of a vehicle. Depending on weather and habitat conditions at the time of your hunt this may change.
Whitetail Deer Facts and Hunting Information
Texas Whitetail Deer Hunting Season: September 29th – February 28th
Origin: North America
Antler Size: Average 8 points to 14 points
Meat: Tender lean, fantastic table fare
Weight: Male: 100-250 lbs | Female: 70-150 lbs
Recommended Firearm for Whitetail Deer: .243, .270, .30/30, .30.06, .308, .300 mag, 7mm mag, bow, or crossbow
Our MLD Permits will be used for Whitetail Hunts at Rock Creek Ranch. As a Level 3 Managed Land Deer Permit property, Rock Creek Ranch has an extended hunting season set by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. It starts from the end of September through February. Hunters can harvest deer without using the tags from their hunting license (valid TX hunting license required). (limited amount)
Whitetail Deer Hunting at Rock Creek Ranch is a Family tradition. Years of managing and properly handling our whitetail deer hunting program for over 20 years. Through management, supplementation, and predator control, we try to offer a Trophy Whitetail Deer any hunter will be proud of. You truly will have the opportunity to hunt Native Texas Hill Country Deer in their natural habitat. Whitetail Deer Hunting Season will start in late September and will roll into late February thanks to the MLD program. The Texas Rut changes from season to season but is typically strong in November to late December. We recommend booking early, to increase you chances of reserving your specific hunt dates, as this is our busiest time of the year and do book fast.
Typical Weekend Hunt at Rock Creek Ranch
- Check in at 12 pm, guest registration and orientation, sight in at the shooting range, afternoon guided hunt. Followed by cocktails, appetizers, and a full dinner.
- Continental Breakfast, morning hunt, followed by full breakfast. Typically go back out and scout for animals have lunch and go back out for the evening hunt, followed by cocktails, fire, appetizers, and a full dinner.
- Continental Breakfast, morning hunt, followed by full breakfast, and then Departure.
- Range Finder
- Bow, Cross bow, or Rifle
- Rain gear
- Boots for muddy wet conditions or snake proof
Whitetail Deer Hunt Packages
We are now booking reservations for Texas Whitetail Deer Hunts for the 2019-2020 Whitetail Season.
- up to 130” : $2,500
- 130″-139″ : $3,500
- 140″-149″ : $4,000
- 150″-159″ : $5,250
- 160″-169” : $6,000
- 170″-179” : $7,000
- 180″-189” : $8,500
- 190″-199” : $9,500
- 200″-210” : $11,500
- 210+” : $13,000
Texas Management Deer Hunts
Management Whitetail Hunts are Available for $2,500
One Buck and One Doe Package (Buck is Guide’s Discretion)
3 days Hunting / 2 Nights Lodging All-Inclusive Package
Package can be split between two hunters for additional lodging fee of $250 per day to include:
- Home Cooked Meals
- One on One guiding with an experienced hunting guide with full transportation
- Cold Storage walk in cooler
- Complimentary Bass Fishing, Predator and Hog hunts
Deposit for the Hunt
If no animal is Harvested and/or Non-Hunters $250 per day
3 day two night hunt ($750)
Additional day cans be added for lodging for $250 per day.
Deposit is due upon booking and balance paid in full before leaving ranch.
* Accommodations and meals are included in the pricing above, tips for hunting guides are NOT included, but are 100% at the hunter’s discretion.
- Prices are subject to change.
- Management hunts are available.
- Taxidermy and meat processing are available
*If a wounded animal cannot be found, the full price for the trophy fee will be applied.